CableWISE® is a unique, non-destructive on-line electrical system condition assessment process that enables electric utilities and a wide range of commercial/industrial facilities to evaluate the condition of cable systems, accessories and connected equipment.
Improved System Reliability:
Knowing a cable system’s weaknesses enables owners, asset managers and reliability engineers to be proactive in finding and fixing problems before they cause outages.
• Measurements with cable in normal service, no over-voltages
• No outages or switching operations
• Cable life totally unaffected, guaranteed non-destructive
No disconnections required of terminations, no exposure to hot parts
On-line data acquisition performed within 10 minutes per feeder cable
Applicable to all types – PE, XLPE, EPR, PILC and other power cables operating at all voltages – 5kV to 345kV including mixed circuits.
Analysing and report:
Condition Assessment involves not only testing for partial discharge, but includes measurement of other aging related induced signals. The Lab analyses the data in the frequency and time domain. A detailed report with findings and recommendations will be forwarded to the customer.
• Eliminate downtime and potential damage to existing cable systems.
• Prioritise capital expenditures by identifying cables for repair, treatment or replacement.
• Increase customer satisfaction by finding incipient faults before they become outages.