ISO CAT 1 and Level 1 ASNT Certification Training
The Airborne and Structure Borne Ultrasound Inspector’s courses are a four-day comprehensive mix of theory and practical experience. Students are exposed to introductory sound theory and how it is applied to the inspection disciplines demanded by an effective ultrasound programme.
Ultrasound provides the earliest indication of many plant defects, which allows for planning of maintenance activities, avoiding unplanned downtime. As the inspector responsible for this condition monitoring activity, you need the knowledge to understand your task.
During the training you have an opportunity to work with and learn from one of the world’s most experienced ultrasound trainers and inspectors. Offering you the learner a wealth of knowledge and experience in ultrasound techniques.
- Understanding the principles of ultrasound as applied to predictive maintenance
- Providing knowledge of airborne and structure-borne sensors and their functions.
- Find Leaks in Any Industrial Environment
- Apply Sound Based Techniques to Lubrication Tasks
- Apply Sound Based Techniques to Predict Mechanical/Electrical Failures
- Analyse and trending data; utilising time signal analysis identify defects.
- A study of ultrasound applications
- Providing recommendations supporting condition-based maintenance
- Achieve reliability improvement by implementation of an ultrasound programme.
A scientific calculator is required for the course.
No mobile phone calculators will be allowed at all.
- A minimum of six months practical experience using the Ultrasound devices (SDT)
- The results of a hearing test from within the same calendar year
- Pass ISO CAT 1 or ASNT Ultrasound Certification Training exam (achieve the highest qualification in ultrasound – an internationally recognised certificated course from the Mobius Institute)
Who should attend?
- Condition monitoring and reliability practitioners
- Energy managers and auditors
- Electrical and mechanical engineers
- Electrical and mechanical maintenance personnel
- Engineering managers
- Asset managers
- How to apply sound based techniques to predict mechanical and electrical failures
- Using Ultrasound Technology effectively for a condition based maintenance tactic.
- Student is capable to perform assessments and reporting on the condition of plant equipment.
- Student meets the Standard Level of Knowledge and Expertise